Wednesday 5 September 2012

It’s all in the name: The Editeur



I did an English (and American Studies) degree so I know my italicised words from my non-italicised words. When I received an email from Fashion Dotty about a blogger event at The Editeur in Chester I was confused:  Chester isn’t known as a hot bed of fashion and for all intents and purposes, this boutique was saying they were the hot bed of Chester fashion. Intrigued, I fired up the wardrobe mobile and made my way down the M56, through Chester’s town centre and spied The Editeur nestled on the top of one of Chester’s quaint two-storey streets. 


Reminiscent of Diana Vreeland’s sumptuously decorated Manhattan salon, this hotly tipped fashion emporium is also is super conducive to successful shopping. Accessories from the likes of Sam Edelman and Michael Kors are all within a hands grasp and there are plenty of thoughtfully styled mannequins should you need inspiration. With a well edited collection ranging from Red Valentino to MW Matthew Williamson via Acne and Equipment, the rails are dripping with taste which makes shopping between the brands delightfully effortless. And the delights continue.  At the rear of the shop lays the scaffolding behind (or should I say underneath) each successful outfit: lingerie. They have Stella, Elle and Spanks all lining up to smooth, mould and shape your birthday suit beneath the designer treats you have selected.


If you can’t make it to Chester, their online shop is a treasure trove: swimwear and sale saddle up alongside carefully crafted trends and a monthly New In section which reads like a “Who’s Who” of fashion must haves and seasonal essentials. And if you really can’t make it to Chester (i.e. you are abroad) not only am I insanely jealous but The Editeur can send you your goodies VAT free for countries outside the EU.

The blogger event was a screaming success:  the atmosphere, a heady mix of fashion lust fuelled by champagne and cupcakes, had some bloggers seriously thinking of selling an organ or two to fund their wish-list purchases.



Thanks to Sarah of Fashion Dotty Fame (who should consider DJ-ing as a second career FYI) and Clare of I Like Tweet and the wondrous Annabel, Adam, Jess and Emily from The Editeur. It was awesome! I had to nip off prior to the outfit fest but check out these stylish peeps:  Science Geek Chic, Frances Cassandra and Gemma Satire



And when I did nip off I was rewarded with the best goodie bag ever. Lord knows we all love a freebie but Wolford tights, a Chlo-bo bracelet and a divine head piece by in-house designer Laura Apsit Livens? Goodie bag nirvana. What else do you expect from the  Chester boutique staking their claim for fashion in the North? 

1 comment:

  1. It was such a fabulous event and the shop looked amazing! Heaven for any girl I would imagine.
    Thanks for the mention! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Love to know your thoughts...