Monday 25 January 2016

Buy Less, Wear More and Introducing Always Wear Red


I bet she's warm. draped in all those yummy cashmere scarves!!
I just got off the phone with Michael Owen, the brains behind and founder of Always Wear Red, a luxury cashmere and silk accessories company launching on 14th Feb this year. We talked about how cashmere is a worthwhile investment for any wardrobe - soft, durable, and when it's made of superior quality cashmere, like the Always Wear Red cashmere scarves are, it won't pill because the longer the stand of cashmere when it's woven, the less the chance of bobbling. How's that for sustainability! (They are hiring by the way - check out the job opportunities by clicking here.)

We also reminisced about owning fewer items of clothing when we were teenagers but loving them more and an image of my favourite jumper from my teenage years popped into my mind - a funnel neck knitted jumper from Warehouse, pastel ice blue in colour with 2 darker blue lines running horizontally across the bust. I LOVED that jumper. After each wear and wash I would carefully fold it, wrap it in tissue paper and place it on the middle of the second shelf in my wardrobe (yes, my clothing memory is THAT GOOD!) I owned that jumper for about 4 years and when it gave up the ghost during my second year of uni I was distraught, convinced it would never be replaced. In fact, I did try and replace it with a camel roll neck from Miss Selfridge. Much to my disappointment, the "roll" bagged after every wash only compounding my grief for my much loved Warehouse number. That jumper was just...awesome. I felt so smart when I wore it, so cosy (a must if you live "up north"), and so stylish.


How often do you feel absolute love and joy for an item of clothing?


I tidied my own wardrobe this morning, re-ordered my shoes for the new season and re-folded the items in my draws - I call it "spending time with my clothes" - it helps me see what has given up the ghost, what is missing, what I need to buy next, what I'm loving, what I'm wearing and most importantly, what I'm not wearing. Today turned up a surprising item - a faux sherling coat purchased in early December last year. When I bought it I couldn't wait to wear it - I wore it out of the shop I thought I was so in love with it! I wore it with some white jeans and an awesome grey knit underneath a week later. But since then the love has waned: it just ain't ME. So, jacket, in the words of Carrie Bradshaw to Big, it's the end of the line:

"You and I are like that red wall. It's a good idea in theory but somehow it doesn't quite work."

You and I are like that red wall. It's a good idea in theory, but somehow it doesn't quite work.' Carrie
Read more at http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/blogs/suzannah-ramsdale/542963/sex-and-the-city-the-best-carrie-bradshaw-quotes.html#pHJAdFc8UWTHZTKs.
You and I are like that red wall. It's a good idea in theory, but somehow it doesn't quite work.
Read more at http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/blogs/suzannah-ramsdale/542963/sex-and-the-city-the-best-carrie-bradshaw-quotes.html#pHJAdFc8U

Here are the pictures and the measurements. If you want to make me an offer then please do. Just email me at info@wardrobeangel.co.uk or leave a comment below. I'll post it to you this week.


Size 10-12, faux sherling coat with 2 real pockets, spare buttons available, fully lined. Chest 36” Length 28” (approx.)

100% Polyester






Til next time...stay wardrobe happy x

The Wardrobe Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Love to know your thoughts...